My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Song

          Have you ever thought about how much ground your mind can cover in a very short period of time? All you need is a little free time and something to jumpstart that amazing machine that hums along inside our heads. That’s what happened to me on a two hour drive alone today back from the eastern shore.

         While searching for a station to listen to on my satellite radio I ended up on “Sixties on Six”. I don’t listen to it much because it always provokes thoughts of a time that wasn’t all that kind to me, but I do love the music. As the songs and the miles clicked by, my mind began a dizzying journey through time touching down every now and then to a spot that had some special meaning in my life. Each thought generates another and another and before you know it you’re on that roller coaster ride through the storage vaults of our minds where memories are kept in unmarked files just waiting to be pulled out and dusted off.
          I wish I could say that that these journeys always make me feel better, but they usually don't. I almost always end up wishing I had made some different choices or had a few less missed opportunities. Sometimes I think I would sell my soul to have twenty five years of wear and tear knocked off my body.
         Then as I step back into real time I think to myself . You know what? I couldn’t be any happier than I am right now. It’s all because of that one special person who walked into my life a couple of years ago and changed everything.
         My quality of life gets better and better with each passing day. I have it all now, love, passion, adventure and happiness. We are blessed with wonderful children and their families who share our lives and give us much joy. Heck, sometimes I even feel twenty five years younger even if it is only for a short while! I love my life now and I love the woman who shares it with me ! This is our song as we continue to live happily ever after.

“…..I hope you don’t mind that I put down into words ….how wonderful life is while you’re in the world."
“Your Song”
Elton John

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth KnightNovember 26, 2010

    It's my favorite song from Moulin Rouge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet thing and it's even more special because you have it "forever" recorded in your diary. WJD

    ReplyDelete