My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"The Blind Side"


               When Joyce first started telling me about wanting to see this movie( The Blindside) I thought to my self " oh no not another chick flick". But she assured me that because it was based on a true story about a football player ( Michael Oher ) that I would like it but I really got interested when I found out that the star of the movie was Sandra Bullock! Anyway back to the movie review....
                The story is set in Memphis Tn. where a young man is pulled from the projects by a friend who is trying to get his son accepted to a Christian academy and brings Michael aka "Big Mike" along for the ride. With high hopes of recruiting a star player the coach works to get Michael accepted because of his size but struggles because he's an academic disaster.
                Things really begin to change when Michael is taken in by LeAnne and Sean Tuohy,  a well to do couple, who help him through the trials and tribulations of breaking away from his other life in the projects and dealing with his crack addicted mother.
                 For us guys the football scenes are scripted and pretty much unbeleivable but Sandra makes up for it by looking incredible as a blonde! For the ladies it has plenty of tugs at the heart strings and surely will bring a tear or two. Costar Tim McGraw sheds his macho country superstar image to play the mild mannered buisnessman husband and pulls it off nicely.
                  This one is definitely worth seeing even though you'll have to fight your way through the "Twilight " groupies.    

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorite movies also.. can't believe that Sandra Bullock is one of your favorites also.. I love her as an actress, and almost the same words came out of my mouth, I know, I am a girl but, not a chick flick fan.. I guess it is maybe in the genes.. LOL I am more horror, action, thriller, oh anything with Vin Diesel in it. And how bout cool hand Luke? one of my favorite movies, {Maybe because of Paul Newman} who knows? There isn't too many manly men actors these days.. Oh Angelina Jolie is another favorite actress how about you?

    ReplyDelete