My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Decades.......continued one more time

The 90's

            The new decade had begun. Just like all the others before it, I had had a birthday a little more than a week before. This time it was my thirty seventh. Maybe it was what all men go through as they approach forty, or maybe it was my time to stop and evaluate where I stood in my life. Up until now I had been too busy to notice just how unhappy I was, no unhappy is not the right word, I think dissatisfied explains it better. I started to realize just how unsatisfied I was with my career, my marriage, my life in general. I had missed out on so much in my younger years, made so many mistakes and had so many things I wanted to do but never had the chance. I began to realize the window of oppertunity begins to shrink with every year that passes. It can make you do things you never would have done before.

........ as we both search for the happiness that eludes us, we find solace in the wrong people. They are not the ones ........

        The first two years of the decade change me forever. Like Forest Gump "thats all I have to say about that" . By mid decade everything has changed. I am now a granfather, the nest is now empty as my youngest goes off to school, my marriage is a mess and to top it all off my employer is taken over by a Baltimore company who wants me to transfer. I am ready for a change, but I am the only one. We make the move.
         The next five years drift by. The dissatisfaction I felt before now turns to unhappiness.

........ The fair haired princess also is called to the north, the wheels of destiny begin to turn .......  

       



      

2 comments:

  1. I love these stories....you are a very gifted writer...makes me feel like I am there in the story with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I can't wait for the next line, page, chapter, or whatever it is that you will be inspired to say......hurry....I think the next section will start a new century...huh?

    ReplyDelete