My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Decades ....The New Millenium

        Reflecting back to the year 2000 it's a little more clear just how special that date was. It's a very small percentage of us who get to experience the turn of a century, but living through the turn of a millenium is something thats incredibly special. The traces of everything and everyone we know or can imagine will be swept away on the winds of time long before this thousand years comes to a close.
        Enough of that big picture thinking, it's time to get back to whats really important, our lives and loves and all the things that make our existence so very special.

Y2K.... A new beginning

        A new decade, a new millenium, exciting times?, a time of change ?, for me I'm staring 50 in the face and the prospects of more of the same old stuff. Now, the strain of a high pressure job, a crumbling relationship with my wife and my bad health habits start to take it's toll on me. The years roll along. I get older and more tired mentally and physically with every passing day. The only thing that keeps me going is my relationship with my grand children. It has become the best thing in my life. It is the only thing that my wife and I have in common, it is the last remaining bond between us.

...... the fair haired princess appears before me for the first time. She is there and stays for many days, but I do not see her for what she is. She knows that I am the one but does not allow herself to look upon me ........
       

        After a ten month failed attempt at trying to get in some kind of better shape and trying to quit smoking, I fell back into the grasp of bad eating habits and smoking again. The one good thing that comes from it is that I began to ride a bicycle again. I loved the bike when I was a child. It was my key to freedom and the world outside. As I began to ride more and more, my love of the bike is renewed and that love lives on to this day. It now is a symbol of my conquest of the health problems I was about to face.

       As the fall of 2005 arrived I began to feel tinges of pain in my chest. I thought it was from lifting or some other strenuous activity and thought that it would go away. The days passed and occasionally the same pain would return and I would try to ignore it. Then on a November night just before Thanksgiving I awoke at 2 AM with that same  pain in my chest except that is unlike anything I had felt before. I knew something terrible was happening but I never dreamed it could be what it was. I got up, dressed, and sat and waited.
       The paramedics that hastilly checked me out told me that it appeared to be a heart attack. I couldn't believe it. It was the last thing I thought I would ever happen to me. I had never been sick enough to miss work before in my life now this!
        The events that followed in the next few minutes and hours are something that I will not discuss here but lets just say I am glad to be able to share this story with you now. Several days later I leave the hospital with a chest full of stitches and a new outlook on life. I am determined to come back from this just as I have everything else I've faced in my life. The days pass and I struggle to make some kind of sense out of what's happened to me. I begin to recover, in four weeks I return to work. I start my search for answers to all the questions I now have about the past, the present and most of all the future. This time everything's changed.

.........the fair haired princess leaves for a new life across the seas but her presence lingers on. I find myself longing for her return even if it is only for a moment .............

         As the months turn to years. my sadness grows as I become more and more unhappy with my life. I try to keep busy doing all the mundain things I do, but the longing for someone to share my life and love with again is sometimes more than I can bear. After a while I resign myself to the fact that this is my life and it's not going to change. I am destined to live out my remaining days without ever again knowing the joys of a companion who really loves me and wants me and wants to share my life. Little did I know I was about to find out what destiny is really all about !

......... The fair haired princess returns to the place that once brought her happiness. I embrace her as I had done many times before but this time is different. As she turns to leave once again, I silently wish "see me, see me now" and she does. We never again take our eyes from each other.   

          
Together we live happily ever after !!!    

2 comments:

  1. Loved the story....sorry it ended....do you think you could start a new series now and write in months instead of decades....don't think I can wait 10 years to see what exciting things have taken place in the life of the writer and his Princess...Wanda J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.....A love story that continues and is still unfolding! I am so happy to be part of it...part of Us...

    Love,
    Your Faired Haired Princess

    ReplyDelete