My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"The Party"

             This weekend marked a very special occasion for us as we attended my grandson Jackson's second birthday party. This was a special occasion since he is so very dear to me, but what made it really special was the fact that it marked the first official gathering on my side of the family that Joyce and I attended as a real part of the family! It was incredibly satisfying for us to be a part of something that had always been so special to both of us, our families!
              I know that it seems strange to most of you that we make such a big deal out of something so simple, but when you go through the life changes that we both have been through over the past two years, even the simpliest family functions take on new meaning. I have spoken many times in my past postings on this blog of the strain that my divorce put on my family and I won't rehash them here, but it has been a long hard road back and we are so pleased that we finally have completed the circle that has returned us to some form of normalcy with our families. We now are able to feel good about where we are and are excited about building on this foundation. We plan to see my oldest daughter soon to visit with her little ones and it is our wish that we can begin to broaden our relationship with them.
               Joyce and I have paid a heavy price to be able to share our love for each other and to have a chance to finally be really happy. Now we are able to enjoy some of the dividends that our investment in each other has brought to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment