My Take on ............

As we march through the days, months and years that make up our lives, we experience things that determine what we think and make us what we are. This is my chance to share "My Take on ..........."

Friday, March 5, 2010

Parenthood....the "look at me I'm all grown up" years

            Parenthood, It's a wonderful thing, in fact it most likely will be your life's greatest achievement. As I look back, becoming a parent was one of the greatest and maybe the scariest moments of my life. Bringing a new life into the world and nurturing it to adulthood is a monumental task for all involved. If you decide you want to be a parent you better pack a lunch because you're going to be there for a while and it will take every bit of energy, patience and not to mention money that you can muster!
         At some point though sooner or later your kids will grow up and leave home to make their way in the world on their own. First there will be school or jobs and then husbands or wives and then houses and kids. If all this sounds familiar it could be because it is, it's the very same thing that you did when you were in their place! The best you can hope for is that they don't make the same mistakes you did and that they have a easier time of it than you.
        Even though that is your wish, life doesn't always go according to plan and things go awry. These are the times that require you to dust off your boots and jump back in the saddle to ride in defense of you child once again.! All kidding aside, we as parents should be smart enough to know that sooner if not later our kids are going to go through some rough times and probably do some things we don't like or agree with, but these are the times that they need us the most. Just as they did when they were little, by nature they will turn to you for advice, help, or support and sometimes just a shoulder to cry on. It is up to us to provide what ever it is that we can to get them through and back on track. The one thing we can't do is turn them away or turn our backs on them when the going gets tough.
        I myself am proud to say that I have two of the most wonderful children that a parent could ask for and I have always done my best to love and support them to the best of my ability, and they have always been there for me in my times of need. It is a wonderful feeling to have that kind of bond with a child. Who knows, they may be the ones changing your diapers one of these days !

2 comments:

  1. There a few things that I'm certain of in this life....
    1. There a two loving daughters and both are proud to call you "Dad".

    2. You are a wonderful example of what a parent should be to their child, even if they are "all grown up".

    3. I know that you are a caring, supportive, and kind man. Unconditional love is what you have in your heart. That's what you give.

    4. I know how proud I am to be by your side and how fortunate and blessed I am.....






    How proud I am to be by your side and know that I am so blessed and fortunate to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good....and the story continues...

    ReplyDelete